Thursday 27 September 2018

1107 The X-Files


First  viewed  :  Uncertain

I'm  not  going  to  dwell  too  long  on  this  one  as  I  only  saw  two  or  three  episodes  and  couldn't  get  into  it. It  first  started  in  1994  but  I  don't  think  I  tuned  in  until  after  reading  a  feature  in  which  would  make  it  1995. The  series  made  household  names  of  David  Duchovny  and  pale  redhead  Gillian  Anderson  as  FBI  agents  investigating  cases  with  possible  paranormal  explanations. As  I  say  I  didn't  watch  it  much  and  one  of  the  episodes  I  saw  didn't  feature  much  of  the  central  pair  at  all,  concentrating  on  a  trio  of  geeky  conspiracy  theorists  who  I  understand  were  The  Lone  Gunmen  who  later  got  a  spin-off   series  of  their  own.

I  think  my  problem  with  it  was  that  you  knew  in  advance  that  there  would  be  no  real  closure  to  the  storyline  and  that  would  perpetually  frustrate  me.

The  series  was  revived  after  a  fourteen  year  break  in  2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment