Friday 15 June 2018

1027 TV Hell : Hello and Goodbye


First  viewed : 31  August  1992

I  don't  recall  the  next  TV  Hell  programme  Credible  Credits, a  five  minute  slot  for  Victor  Lewis-Smith. As  I  didn't  like  him  I  may  well  have  taken  it  as  an  opportunity  for  a  pee  break.
After  that  was  a  20  minute  programme  on  TV  chat  shows,  presented  in  his  usual  insufferable  fashion  by  Danny  "I'm  cleverer  than  you"  Baker. At  least  the  clips  were  well  chosen,  from  Russell  Harty  getting  beaten  up  by  Grace  Jones  to  Jonathan  Ross  threatening  acid  house  guru  Tony  Hayter  for  splashing  his  suit,
My  favourite  was  the  one  at  the  end  which  showed  Keith  Allen  completely  losing  it  with  a  producer  during  a  Late  Show  discussion  on  situation  comedy. It  wasn't  very  smart  of  him  to  call  a  young  female  "dick  brain"  but  what  amused  me  most  about  the  clip  was  the  sight  of  Vic  Reeves  cowering  in  his  chair,  not  daring  to  intervene.

No comments:

Post a Comment