Saturday 30 July 2016

452 Medic 1-6


First  viewed :  26  August  1980

This  was  only  on  for  a  couple  of  nights  as  a  filler  item  while  the  Nationwide  team  went  on  holiday.  It  was  actually  made  by  the  Nationwide  crew  and  was  a  fly  on  the  wall  documentary  about  a  seaside  doctor .  I  think  he  must  have  been  the    local  A &  E  consultant  given  the  content. I  can't  remember  his  name  or  be  sure  about  the  town ( I  think  it  might  have  been  Scarborough  but  I  could  be  completely  wrong  there )  . The  only  thing  I  really  remember  is  from  the  second  programme  where  a  middle-aged  guy  had   been  seriously  injured   - I'm  not  sure  it  explained  exactly  what  he'd  managed  to  do  to  himself  - and  had  to  be  airlifted  to  a  bigger  hospital. I  remember  him  being  conscious  and  apologising  for  his  swearing  - all  bleeped  out  for  early  evening  viewing  of  course -  while  they  manoeuvred  him  into  a  chopper.

No comments:

Post a Comment